Published Thursday, July 28, 2011 AT 11:13 AM / Updated at 11:13 AM
Pelini TV show to change
Lee Barfknecht Omaha World-Herald

Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini’s weekly television show has been cut from one hour to 30 minutes.

According to Big Ten rules, coaches shows are limited a half hour. So the Husker Sports Network will add a half-hour show called “Nside Nebraska” that will piggyback onto coaches shows.

“Nside Nebraska” will run for 40 weeks from August through May. The show will follow Pelini’s show in the fall and men’s basketball coach Doc Sadler’s show in the winter.

In the spring, network officials said Thursday, the show will stand alone. Separate shows for Husker volleyball and baseball no longer will be produced, but reports on those sports will be on “Nside Nebraska.”

About Lee Barfknecht

Lee Barfknecht has won nine national writing awards from four separate organizations, and is a 12-time winner of the Nebraska sportswriter of the year award. He covers Big Ten football and basketball, Nebraska basketball and other college financial issues for The World-Herald. You can email Lee at lee.barfknecht@owh.com

Comments

1. zumwalt says:

I’ll be Bo’s heart is broken.

2. Mike G. says:

I’m sure Bo Pelini is happy about that change. He often looks like he wants to be somewhere else other than being on the “Coach’s Show”. The Nebraska Coach’s Show already had too much filler and fluff as it was. All I want to know is why some of the decisions were made in the previous game, and what is Bo going to do to prepare for the next opponent. I could care less which Nebraska player won the bowling outing, or the karaoke contest.

1. grammarguru says:

By “could care less,” you surely mean the opposite, “couldn’t care less.” Saying “could care less” implies that you actually DO care, since you could care less than that.

1. Quibbler says:

Shouldn’t your moniker be “colloquialism guru” since your observation was a critique of an informal expression used in casual conversations?

3. Corn Julio says:

They will still throw fluff into the 30 minute show. Bo is good for about a minute in a half and then he starts rolling his eyes.

4. firedog says:

Less camera time means less unintentional humor from Bo. His facial expressions go from bored to caged animal to deer in the headlights as the show goes on. It’s obvious he would rather have root canals without novocaine than be on the set of the show. Always good for a laugh.

1. Mike G. says:

That’s funny, but true! Really, Bo should have his brother Carl and Tim Beck in a round-table discussion going over the film. I really can’t stand watching the show late at night unless I’m having trouble falling asleep. I’m sure Bo would have no problem bribing Carl and Tim $50 or so to co-host the show.

5. Huskernoxious says:

It’s a bigger thing that the Husker Network won’t be doing the coaches show for volleyball, baseball, women’s basketball, softball, etc.

6. Jeff says:

Thank God! Those hour long shows had so much I was not interested in. I just want to review the darn game not Hang with the Huskers. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Skerz but dang those were boring!

7. Don Ellicott says:

Although I watch Bo, the Big Red Wrapup on NTV is more informative.

1. Johnny says:

Amen to that! Kugler and A Train provide a much more informative and entertaing hour…

8. Dan says:

Losing the John Cook show on radio and TV is a big loss. Cook nearly always tells it like it is, and his body language is always a tell tale sign about his confidence. He is much like Osborne, when he would get that little smile before a big game in the 90′s and I knew it would be much different than the talk show babblers predicted.

9. HuskerMark says:

Someone brought up Big Red Wrap-Up. Will NET still be able to do the show? Or is it against Big 10 rules? Remember, to join the Big 10, Nebraska signed over media rights to the conference.

10. Scuba Steve says:

They need to cut Adrian Fiala’s show to about 30 seconds. How that guy still has any kind of employment is beyond me.

1. Jon Grothe says:

You got that right scuba steve, what a complete waste of airtime!!!

11. Tom says:

did you know you CAN ask the Coach a question. I just found this on this web site. NUOnline.com Online Worldwdie NU they have a spot called Ask the Coach.