You heard it here last:
1. Nebraska 42, Northwestern 21. NU’s offense is too much for NU’s pourous defense. NU’s offense is similar to a Big 12 offense and NU’s defense knows how to slow that down. NU gets to rest Rex and get ready for November to remember. Got that?
2. LSU 20, Alabama 17. Can we wait until the game is played before we call it the “Game of the Century?” That said, this will be fun. Hard to have an upset in this one, but nobody seems to be picking the Tigers. Both have nasty defenses. Bama is more balanced on offense. Bama is home. But I like the Tigers. Les Miles will roll the dice and do something completely upside down and people will cringe but he’ll win. This is LSU’s year.
3. Iowa 24, Michigan 21. This is generally what happens when the home team coach is catching heat and the wagons are circled and the home team is good at home. I think Vandenberg gets hot and Denard Robinson can’t play catch-up.
4. Iowa State 35, Kansas 7. Things are boiling around Turner Gill now. Can the Cyclones win one more to become bowl eligible against Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Kansas State?
5. Michigan State 42, Minnesota 7. Back to normal, on both sides.
6. Oklahoma State 49, Kansas State 24. The Wildcats showed last week what happens when they fall behind big. The Pokes score fast and often and don’t look back.
7. Washington 45, Oregon 42. This looks like a fun game to watch late Saturday night, after the day’s dust has settled. I like the Huskies. This is a good young team that’s going to bite someone. Game’s in Seattle.
8. Wisconsin 35, Purdue 21. Last play won’t matter this week.
9. Chiefs 24, Dolphins 14. Remember when Kansas City was thinking about Andrew Luck? Now, they’re thinking playoffs.
10. Raiders 28, Broncos 7. Carson Palmer’s real debut in silver and black.
11. Packers 31, Chargers 21. This looked like a fun match-up back in September, but San Diego’s in the tank.
12. Bears 28, Eagles 24. Jay Cutler over Michael Vick? Why not?
13. Mucho Macho Man wins the Breeder’s Cup, over Dialed In, Uncle Mo, and my personal favorites, Pants on Fire and Stay Thirsty.