Published Thursday, November 17, 2011 AT 6:49 PM / Updated at 7:18 PM
Nebraska-Michigan: Bo’s Thursday Update

Short and sweet meeting with the media after practice for head coach Bo Pelini. The particulars:

>> Tight end Ben Cotton and left guard Andrew Rodriguez are out for Saturday. They’ll be replaced by Jake Long and Seung Hoon Choi, respectively.

>> Guard Brent Qvale will make the travel roster and serve as NU’s third guard in the rotation.

>> Defensive tackle Chase Rome — who played injured vs. Penn State — practiced this week and is closer to full strength.

>> Safety and former Millard South product Bronson Marsh emulated Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson in practice this week — although Pelini conceded Robinson is a hard guy to perfectly emulate.

Comments

I would really like to see our DE’s get off some blocks and if nothing else get their hands in the air on passing plays
    Go Big Red!!!

2. Joey says:

We should beat Mich., beings they took their QB out of the game!!! If they go to DEEP PASSING …Sayonara NU. Hey Bo make sure c pays attention on how a REAL QB throws the football, maybe he just might learn how it’s done. If our DB’s and our DL doesn’t step it up, and ALOT!!!! Then this game will be another Wisconsin blowout. You know Michigan is going to waste NO time on the passing game. I see at least a 300+ yard passing game for Michigan.This is the difference between the OFFENSES. NU struggles GREATLY in the passing game, Michigan, has an EXCELLENT passing game. I think REALITY is going to catch up with Bo on this game. I could be wrong, BUT I don’t see how I’m wrong when NUreally hasn’t showed themselves a BIG contender, by getting BLASTED by Wisconsin, then losing to Northwestern, AT HOME!!!!!! NU and their DEFENSE hasn’t looked good ALL season. All but 2 games. ( Penn St, Mich. St ) That’s NOT impressive by any means. Then there’s NU and their 1 dementional Offense…. oh goody. All because Bo hangs onto his PRIDE and JOY T-Tragic, and let’s NOT forget an OL that can’t even bully Northwestern on their OWN home field… what a joke. We have improved the special teams, and THAT’S IT!!!! See what NU is ranked in Offense in the NCAA, if that’s not bad. Look at what their DEFENSE is ranked. But you people try to argue the FACTS, when you have NO GROUND TO STAND ON!!!!!…lol I wonder if Bo will swallow his pride and ADMIT he needs ALOT OF BLUE CHIP RECRUITS!!!! On BOTH sides of the ball….. probably not. 2 more years of T-Tragic. Then Bo will let another Nebraskan RICH KID in as QB, that can’t pass neither…lol. Which I wouldn’t blame Jamal Turner for transferring. He’s a QB, not a WR!!!! Sorry I can see it coming. We always complain we DON’T get the BLUE CHIP QB’s. Jamal was ranked 4th in the ENTIRE NATION at his position, which makes him a LIGIT BLUE CHIP!!! So what do we do, make him,….a WR, then hardly play him….this is pathetic!!!

1. Buck says:

“This is the difference between the OFFENSES. NU struggles GREATLY in the passing game, Michigan, has an EXCELLENT passing game.”

Ever heard the saying, “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” No? I didn’t think so.

Robinson’s 52.2% completion percentage (13 TDs / 13 INTs) could hardly be considered excellent (neither is T-Mart’s 57.7%). He kills teams with his running improv not his arm.

2. Drew says:

EXCELLENT passing game? Are you kidding me? Have you watched a Michigan game this year? Just more proof that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you are talking about.

3. CBHusker84 says:

I remember my first beer.

4. hastings husker says:

please refrain from using the word “we” when speaking of Jammal or Nebraska football,because you clearly are not a part of it,and next time,put away the meth pipe BEFORE you decide to open your mouth in a public forum.

3. Joey says:

Notice I spelled T-Tragic with only a ” c “, which stands for ….. CHOKE!!!!!

1. Stephen Johnson says:

Joey, It is really terrific to see a Colorado fan post on a Husker web site. All of your comments are really an inspiration and just so darned insightful. What ever would the coaches do without all this golden advise on how to win the game. I now fully understand why Bo pays no attention to fan comments…At all. Enjoy the Pac 12 in Boulder.

1. cc082099 says:

I no thats right stephen

4. Jim says:

Joey, do your parents know you are up so late on a school night?

5. Robert says:

You can often judge a Husker dash almost completely by the way he or she uses the word ‘we.’

6. Robert says:

‘fan’

7. Highdef says:

I personally am wondering which receiver will drop the most balls this Saturday. Which lineman has the most personal foul calls. And how many interceptions K-mart has in the game. I hope we beat Michigan. But I’m not looking forward to any other bowl possibility than the Rose Bowl. If the team gets into another BCS game, the Huskers don’t need another season-ending loss to ruin even more recruiting chances.

8. Husker Dude says:

Troll Alert! Troll Alert!

9. KSU student w/red blood says:

WE Husker fans don’t care for your blasphemy Joey. (Troll?)

That being said, the Huskers can take care of business by locking down Robinson’s run game. Hit him hard a couple of times, and he will lose the productivity. The beat up hand is a good sign… attack the QB runs and plug up the middle. Force the injured hand pass! GO BIG RED!!!