Back by popular demand (okay, I needed a Friday blog), here’s the weekly predictions you can take to the bank. Assuming, of course, you go the other way.
1. Nebraska 41, Southern Miss 17: We may be all out of helium, but the Husker offense is about to get cranked up.
2. Taylor Martinez goes for over 100 yards rushing. After the game, everyone talks about his feet.
3. With Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross backing up Rex Burkhead, NU rushes for 270 yards. After the game, everyone talks about those six feet.
4. Eric Martin has a pair of sacks and forces a fumble.
5. Alabama 31, Michigan 17: The Tide have a program. Michigan has a quarterback. Wait a minute. Didn’t Nick Saban used to detest Go Blue when he was at Michigan State?
6. The national media will continue to say the SEC rules and the Big Ten got schooled.
7. Penn State 28, Ohio 21: Frankie’s Cats will make it close but Nittany emotion will rule the day.
8. Iowa State 21, Tulsa 17: Last time Cody Green played in Ames (2010 Nebraska game), the Cyclones nearly won.
9. Iowa 17, Northern Illinois 14: Greg Davis, by a nose.
10. Big Ten goes 11-1 in openers (I’m writing this before Michigan State-Boise).
That’s it for week one. Enjoy the return of the greatest game.