This week’s picks carry the appropriate theme, “California Dreamin’:”
1. Nebraska 35, UCLA 28. I expect this shootout to go into the fourth quarter. This one validates the Taylor Martinez passing revival even more than last week, because it’s on the road in a classic venue against a Pac-12 team. Welcome home, Taylor.
2. Quincy Enunwa’s big day. The Huskers’ deep pool of receivers will be key in this one. Look for Enunwa to become Martinez’s go-to guy. And start the road toward an all-Big Ten year for the junior receiver.
3. Iowa State 24, Iowa 21. The vibe around the Hawkeyes right now isn’t good and although they’re hard to beat at Kinnick, I’m going with Steele Jantz and a late-touchdown drive for the Clones.
4. Texas A&M 28, Florida 17. Welcome to Aggie Country, SEC.
5. Georgia 31, Missouri 28. The Bulldogs are missing a handful of starters and Columbia is buzzing. But will the Tigers be too hyped? I think Georgia’s solid enough to pull one out here.
6. Kansas State 35, Miami 21. Never thought I’d ever see the Hurricanes touch down in Manhattan, Kan.
7. Michigan State 35, Central Michigan 14. Sparty’s defense is worth bragging about. I doubt it will be on Twitter, though.
8. Florida State 66, Savannah State 0. The line here is a ridiculous 70. I know Okie State put up 84 on Savannah last week, but I can’t imagine it happening again. I don’t know that FSU’s offense is that explosive. Unfortunately for Savannah State, we’re going to find out.