Five things we learned
1. No need to feed the football to Rex Burkhead 30 times a game ever again. His backup is really talented.
2. Forget balance. This offense is best-suited to run the football. The ground game sets the tone.
3. They’re really, really, really serious about finding “indisputable” evidence on video reviews, huh?
4. The Huskers do have one defensive lineman who can consistently put pressure on the passer when asked: Eric Martin.
5. Brett Maher’s found a groove again at punter. Two bombs of 57 and 58 yards? It was only a matter of time.
Five things we still don’t know
1. Do the Blackshirts have their swagger back? Sometimes confidence can take you a long way.
2. What kind of impact (if any) can freshman running back Imani Cross have against Big Ten opponents?
3. When Nebraska starts facing the Big Ten’s run-oriented offenses, does nickel back Ciante Evans still have a role?
4. Can the kind of on-field relationship that Taylor Martinez has with receiver Kenny Bell be duplicated? Great chemistry between those two.
5. Are we sure you can’t build a game plan around the diamond formation? Four running threats in the backfield seems indefensible.