1. Nebraska 55, Idaho State 10: Beautiful day for a, um, game. Last feel-good tune-up before the Big Ten road.
2. Rex Burkhead will have 12 carries, score a touchdown, have a bounce in his step and nobody will notice a difference.
3. Notre Dame 28, Michigan 17: This Irish team seems different. So far.
4. Oklahoma 35, Kansas State 17: This is a risky pick. K-State is underrated and OU might be overrated. But I’ll go with history. And historically Bill Snyder has problems with Bob Stoops.
5. Ohio State 42, UAB 14: It can’t be easy for Ohio State players to stay motivated. That changes next week.
6. Saints 35, Chiefs 17: The Saints are now down to targeting a victory. Chiefs turn attention to Matt Barkley.
7. Houston 24, Broncos 21: The Falcons made Peyton look old last week. So will the Texans, best team in the AFC.
8. Bears 31, Rams 17: Welcome to the Jay Cutler Rollercoaster. Smiling optional.
9. Nebraska volleyball 3, Ohio State 1: They can’t lose three straight. Can they?
10. Creighton football 2, St. Louis 0: Young Jays team still finding its way. SLU has never won in Omaha.