1. Don’t complain about walking up stairs at Memorial Stadium when your in-laws do that every game.
2. Nebraska’s backfield is deep and diverse enough that there should be no reason Tim Beck does not lean on the running game when he needs it to win a game in the Big Ten.
3. Bill Snyder’s second act might be better than his first.
4. Collin Klein should be the Heisman Trophy favorite at this point. Snyder won’t do it, but if he would push his quarterback, stump for him just a bit, that’s a bandwagon people would jump on. Klein is a fun guy to watch. I’d love to see him against Alabama’s defense. I know what you’re saying. But that’s what they always say about Klein. He just wins.
5. The Big Ten is the AFC West of college football and the AFC West is the Big Ten of the NFL.
6. Everybody who tried to fire everyone associated with the KC Chiefs better look out. If the Chiefs beat San Diego next week, they’re tied for the lead in the AFC West/Big Ten. Long way to go.
7. Clete Blakeman and his NFL referee brethren need to get back to work, pronto. The replacement refs just won best comedy series at the Emmys.
8. Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles is a funny guy. That line about how Husker Hoops is the only show in town was a real scream.
9. Oregon should be ranked No. 2 over LSU. Of course, by the end of the season, SEC types will claim that 12-10 clunker with Auburn should be on ESPN Classic as one of the greatest games ever played.
10. Based on today’s NFL results, and quite a few on Saturday, I’m glad I don’t gamble on football. But then, I already knew that.
See you tomorrow. Same chat time, same chat channel.