Published Wednesday, September 26, 2012 AT 7:12 PM / Updated at 8:17 PM
What people are saying: Osborne’s retirement
Big Red Today Omaha World-Herald

News of Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne’s retirement traveled quickly across social media sites Wednesday. The World-Herald curated a few dozen of the reactions from fans, former players and even some of those who were unsure how to respond to the news.

Scroll through below to see some of the best reactions, photos and more.

About Big Red Today

The World-Herald sports desk. Contact the sports desk at 402-444-1201 or sports@owh.com.

Comments

1. Reuben Adkins says:

Thanks for 38 years of greatness and for a lifetime of Husker memories.
    Enjoy your retirement Coach……you’ve more than earned it!

2. John Rasmussen says:

God says we reap what we sow, sometimes early in life and sometimes later. I certainly believe that Tom has been blessed all the way. Tom’s winning on the field is well documented. What most fans don’t know is the true coach Osborne, A man that epitomizes what is written on the Southwest gate “Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.”
    “Well done good and faithful servant” enjoy fully your good works!

Ras
    Las Vegas, Nevada

1. Doug Lambert says:

couldnt have said it better

what a class act Coach Osborne is

Thank you Mr. Osborne, I have learned so much from you, your dedication, and ethics have inspired me, and has represented all Nebraska natives all over the world. I have gained instant respect from people while in other parts of the country, due to your principles and morals.

1. VanCleef says:

And soon you’ll be singing Bo Pelini’s praises as well. Live and learn!

Sorry my friend, i will prolly lose interest in Husker football by the time Pelini would make any advancement. I’ll be more interested in who is going to change my crappy diapers, things like waking up, and breathing will be much more interesting.