In honor of the Ryder Cup, this week’s picks will be neither won nor lost but halved:
1. Nebraska 35, Wisconsin 24: Taylor Martinez — and his arm — get the last laugh this year.
2. Michigan State 21, Ohio State 14: Spartans’ run game and defense over Braxton Miller. Next question.
3. Texas 31, Oklahoma State 21: Nobody is talking about Mack Brown’s Horns — until now.
4. Iowa 20, Minnesota 17: The Hawks are dazed and confused, they struggle with the Gophers, so … this result will just fit right into their season.
5. Iowa State 28, Texas Tech 20: Steele Jantz gets first Big 12 win.
6. Central Florida 31, Missouri 28: Gary Pinkel is starting to feel a bit warm.
7. Six Big Ten teams will win games today. Yes, that includes five conference games.
8. At least one fan at Memorial Stadium will show up wearing one of the new adidas jerseys with the ”N” on it.
9. Rex Burkhead will look like the Big Ten’s top running back.
10. The Packers-Saints game won’t come down to a Hail Mary.
11. NFL refs will get a standing ovation and booed in the same game.
12. USA fans following Tiger Woods will wear red, white and blue hard hats on Sunday.