World-Herald staff writer Jon Nyatawa takes a look at five things we learned about Nebraska during Saturday’s games and five things we still don’t know.
* * *
FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED
1. In the face of adversity, the Huskers can stand tall. Their resiliency Saturday night was commendable.
2. As lethal as Nebraska’s offense has proven to be, the costly turnovers and penalties still surface too frequently.
3. The hard work is paying off for Will Compton. The leader of NU’s defense keeps getting better.
4. When fully committed to doing so, the Huskers can stop the run. They held Wisconsin to just 1.4 yards per carry.
5. Night games at Memorial Stadium are fun to experience, especially when Nebraska has all the momentum.
FIVE THINGS WE STILL DON’T KNOW
1. Another slow start in a primetime showdown at home. Can NU figure out how to handle hype and distraction?
2. Is there anyone in the Big Ten who runs better routes, has better hands or battles for the football better than Wisconsin’s Jared Abbrederis?
3. Should Nebraska find ways to get the football to Jamal Turner? NU has lots of weapons, but his explosiveness would appear to be unmatched.
4. Baker Steinkuhler set up camp in Wisconsin’s backfield Saturday night. Can he repeat that performance week after week?
5. After an emotional win, are the Huskers capable of refocusing quickly enough to properly prepare for OhioState?