Published Tuesday, October 2, 2012 AT 12:01 PM / Updated at 12:01 PM
No trouble with Ohio State film, Pelini reiterates
Rich Kaipust Omaha World-Herald

Bo Pelini said Tuesday that he did not know of Nebraska requesting film from Central Florida of its game with Ohio State, but said again that the Huskers have had no trouble with the film it received from the Buckeyes.

“I don’t know anything about that, but we do that a lot, as far as getting film from other opponents and that type of thing,” Pelini said on the Big Ten teleconference. “We didn’t have any issues with the film exchange.”

Central Florida coach George O’Leary told the Rivals’ team site for the Knights that Nebraska “called for our tape.”

“I don’t know what’s going on there,” O’Leary told UCFSports.com. “You’re supposed to show everything. What happened was you’re supposed to show from the huddle out so you see everything taking place. I guess some people are cutting out some motions and things like that. They’re showing the end result, not the beginning of how he got to that.”

There was a flap after the Michigan State-Ohio State game Saturday in which the Spartans said the game film they received from OSU was doctored and did not show all pre-snap shifts and motions.

Asked if NU made the request to Central Florida as a precaution before knowing what it would receive from Ohio State, Pelini said: “I’m not involved in that. That’s video guys.”

Other Pelini comments from his weekly Big Ten teleconference segment:

>> On if this NU team is more mature or better equipped to handle road challenges such as going to Ohio State: “Every week’s different. Every challenge is different. I don’t think it necessarily has to do with where you are, it’s how you play. We know we’re going to have to play our best football on Saturday, playing a real good football team.”

>> On what retiring NU Athletic Director Tom Osborne has meant to him as a coach: “I just appreciate the opportunity Coach Osborne gave me and the support he’s given me while I’ve been here. He’ll be missed. Not just by me, but by everybody associated with our program.”

And more on Osborne, who hired Pelini for his first head coaching job in December 2007:

“He’s been there every step of the way,” Pelini said. “I’ve said it time and time again, he’s always been there to offer assistance when need be, but he’s always been very respectful that I got to do it my way. He’s never been overbearing with it. He’s been very supportive in everything that I’ve been through. And I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

>> Regarding the challenge of defending Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller: “Braxton Miller does a really good job. He’s a real threat to run, pass … they do a lot of different things to feature him. It puts a lot of stress on you. Deservedly so give a lot of credit to Braxton Miller, but first and foremost they do a lot of good things to enable him to make plays and they have a lot of good pieces around him. He’s not out there playing by himself.”

About Rich Kaipust

Rich Kaipust is a staff writer for The Omaha World-Herald and covers Nebraska football. You can follow Rich on Twitter (@RKaipustOWH) or email him at rich.kaipust@owh.com

Comments

I can hear that famous quote from Carl Pelini after the Washington Huskey Bowl Game beat down…….”They ran stuff on offense we didn’t see on film.”
    Frickin Classic.
    Someone send Papuchis a few cases of 5 Hour Energy.

1. David says:

funny.

2. A Fan says:

LOL.

2. TheGov21 says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nebraska asked UCF for film. Bo didn’t necessarly say no. He just said that he didn’t. And then defered to the video guys. Chances are Bo told the Video guys to get other film to, just in case.

Oh and I thought I heard that Michigan State filed a greivence before the game against Ohio State, not after the game.

3. Waskel Wabbit says:

Let the Bocuses begin…1) They’re a good football team 2) We made boneheaded plays 3) We need to execute better (I’m all for Bo’s execution) 4) Too many penalties 5) We shot ourselves in the foot 6) I’ll always say I point with my thumb, but I actually point everywhere else 7) ETC. 8) ETC.

1. FargoHusker says:

You are the most cliche football fan out there.

2. Jeff725 says:

Haters are gonna hate.

3. Mike Caramba says:

By definition, none of those are excuses.

1. Waskel Wabbit says:

Unless, of course, they are used as an excuse. Then they are, by definition, Bocuses.

1. Mike Caramba says:

“Bocuse” = Either giving credit to one’s opponent or taking responsibility. Got it.

1. Waskel Wabbit says:

An then there are Bocuse Bocusers. Those that excuse Bo’s excuses.

2. Mike Caramba says:

I see what you did there! Very clever!

For the record, I’m not defending anyone, but your examples were objectively not excuses. I don’t doubt the existence of “Bocuses” — you just picked bad examples.

4. SNCMAC says:

I don’t have a crystal ball. (My personal favorite)

4. Jim says:

Get out of here trolls.

5. YouAreAllTrolls says:

Trolls,

Your opinion is SOOOOOOOO valuable. If you don’t have an intelligent comment to make..or a job or a life…why don’t you go stand around at WalMart and heckle the Greeter? Either way, take your “entitled fan” mentality, whiny attitude, ignorant blather, and shove it all deep and hard.

1. Waskel Wabbit says:

I see I got your attention. Why don’t you hold off with your name-calling, sissy act until after Saturday night. Let’s see how that turns out. Kool-Aid anyone?

1. Husqu Varna says:

Obviously, you are trolling from Ohio State. Why are you afraid to just state that you are an Ohio State fan?

Is it because you feel that hiding behind the anonymity of the internet you can act the way you do?

I will guess, you are in 10th grade.

1. C.A. Cooper says:

He’s just a troll. No life, no friends, no wit or intelligence. He probably gets up every morning (noonish or so) and tries to figure out how he can possibly drag others down to his level.

1. Waskel Wabbit says:

I guess I should feel flattered that you came down to my level to make a comment. Be careful, one more step down and you’ll be on Bo’s level.

6. HuskerNLawrence says:

I like the way this is setting up for us and the team confidence level. Really starting to believe that they belong and can win these games which I think we all agree is the critical next step. Neutral field I think NU is clear favorite and even at OSU, if they can handle the initial storm and get over the stadium affect, they will win this game. Stats speaking and overall team, NU is a better team.
    GBR!

1. A Fan says:

Ohio State is the favorite on Saturday. Given our defensive history with mobile QBs (can you point out one team with mobile QB that Nebraska has beat in the last 5 years?)… I think OSU wins.

1. huskerfanbb says:

Minnesota last year. Washington twice in 2010 and 2011. Missouri and Iowa State in 2010 and Missouri in 2009. Baylor in 2008.

1. jeff says:

all those teams you pointed out didn’t have mobile QBs with the exception of baylor, but when we played baylor rg3 was injured.

1. Mike Caramba says:

You’re correct about Missouri, but Gray, Locker, Price, and Arnaud all ran the ball a lot — totally fair to call them mobile. And we did play RG3 in 2008, when he ran the ball a lot more.

2. turbo says:

If you think that Jake Locker and Heath Price weren’t mobile quarterbacks you are right, but I am pretty sure Washington runs a spread option attack with a mobile quarterback.

2. j rob says:

the comeback last year vs osu was a win…..

1. Mike Caramba says:

To be fair, much of the comeback came when Bauserman was in at QB. I think it’s only fair to put an asterisk next to that one.

2. maryslamb says:

Obama will investigate..

3. Mike Caramba says:

It all depends on how define “mobile quarterback”. Off the top of my head, I’d say Baylor a couple times, Kansas a couple times, Kansas State a couple times, Washington a couple times, Iowa State, Minnesota, Arkansas State…I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

I really think the mobile QB problem has been more of a recent issue. But I’m with you — until Nebraska proves they can handle these teams again, I have to assume they’ll continue to struggle, and I’m thinking Ohio State has our number this weekend. Obviously hope I’m wrong, but I think we match up pretty poorly against Braxton and Co.

7. BUFFCRUSHR says:

NuClownholer and Wussy Wabbit are the same Misswho fan living in his Mom’s basement. Go do the dishes or mow the grass, something to help her out….you miserable drains on society.

1. A Fan says:

Another mediocre attempt at being a fool. Get that you’re a Kool Aid drinker. Given that, try and keep up.

2. dude says:

you just called him a muffchrusr, hey buffchrushr congrats, your crushing something that wabbit is incapable of.

1. Waskel Wabbit says:

Of course I can. What do you think I’m doing in momies basement?

8. spaceman spiff says:

I just enjoy my team, and enjoy the game, win or lose. Go Big Red.

9. Harold says:

I am a believer! What I saw in the second half against the Badgers I believe will continue beginning in the 1st quarter at OSU!

10. purelyoptomistic says:

Keep OSU offense off the field with our Multics weapon offends is first. Run defensively sets like four DEs as down four and get after it. Must win kicking game. Get a turnover. BELIEVE WE CAN WIN!

1. purelyoptomistic says:

Multi weapon offense

11. Skip says:

Anybody want to go back to the Callahan er(ror)a?

1. Mike Caramba says:

I do – at least he didn’t lose four games every year!

1. MegaHusker says:

Really??? Callahan was 4-6 in his last 10 games! GO BO!!

1. Mike Caramba says:

My point exactly. Pelini loses four games every year; Callahan lost 5, 6, 7. More exciting.

2. Robka says:

Your right he lost more then 4 games the majority of the time he was here;(

BO BIG RED!!!

12. Huskerhandy35 says:

I see the game now… OSU will score an early TD on our defense because it will be doing it’s usual, I don’t know wtf I’m doing dance right up until the ball is snapped and they will be out of position before they know it!

Our offense will go 3 and out and we’ll punt from our own 34 yd line. battle for field position will already be on OSU’s side, they will go down and get a FG with 10 min. still to go in 1st quarter. Will be 10-0 within 6 minutes of game start. NU will drive the ball better but stall and punt again. OSU will drive down, and go up 17-0. Nu will get a FG making it 17-3 going into 2nd quarter. NU will get first Defensive stop of game then score first TD and score will be 17-10 going into halftime. 2nd half evenly played until 4th quarter where we outscore them 14-3 and we win 20-24! See you all feel better now? phsycic!

13. michael miller says:

win or lose, we still booze