The best darn picks in the land:
1. Nebraska 28, Ohio State 24: I sensed urgency this week in Lincoln. Bo Pelini was more all-business than usual. It’s obvious this one means a bunch. They’ll have to play and coach their best game. I think they do.
2. Oklahoma 28, Texas Tech 21: I don’t feel good about this pick. I just can’t imagine OU can be this average.
3. Penn State 28, Northwestern 24: Nittany’s have some momentum. This should make the Leaders Division interesting.
4. Purdue 31, Michigan 28: Another Leader over Legend, but Wolverines aren’t same team on the road.
5. Kansas State 54, Kansas 14: Charlie Weis talks a good game. Bill Snyder coaches one.
6. Notre Dame 34, Miami 17: Good thing Shawn Eichorst won’t be there to see it.
7. Florida 28, LSU 21: Breakthrough day for buddies Will Muschamp and Bo Pelini.
8. South Carolina 42, Georgia 38: Didn’t the SEC used to play defense?
9. TCU 20, Iowa State 10: When’s the annual Paul Rhoads’ upset? Not today.
10. New England 28, Denver 27: Peyton Manning changed addresses. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady didn’t.