Happy Friday from not-so-sunny Detroit, where there’s a chill in the air and plenty of World Series merchandise on sale at the airport.
1. Nebraska 19, Michigan State 10: If you like fist fights, this is your game. Except this fist fight will be won by a foot — Brett Maher’s right foot.
2. Michigan 21, Minnesota 17: Last week people assumed that Denard Robinson would have scored touchdowns had he stayed in the game. Shoelace is capable of coughing up turnovers on the road, too. He’s back this week, going against Minnesota’s true freshman quarterback. Michigan’s defense will keep the Wolverines in the Legends race.
3. Alabama 27, LSU 10: This was an overrated game last year and it’s an overrated game this year.
4. Kansas State 42, Oklahoma State 21: Collin Klein goes prime time and doesn’t disappoint.
5. Indiana 28, Iowa 14: This could go either way, but this year in the Big Ten, what could get ugly will get ugly. And IU winning the Leaders would be a beautiful thing.
6. Iowa State 28, Oklahoma 27: The annual Paul Rhoads upset special. No, I don’t count TCU as the upset.
7. Oregon 42, USC 28: Last time the torch was passed in the Coliseum, it was the Olympics.
8. Taylor Martinez will become NU’s all-time leader in total offense, and everyone will talk about what he hasn’t done (win a championship).