Basketball tonight, football tomorrow. Seventy degrees one day, 30 degrees the next. You gotta love this time of year.
1. Nebraska 35, Penn State 28: The Nittany Lions don’t have a great win but this looks like the wrong team to hand the lead. Still, I’ll take Taylor the Magician and his Cardiac Corn one more time.
2. Penn State will lead at halftime.
3. No turnovers and four penalties for Nebraska on Saturday. By far, the craziest prediction of the year.
4. Iowa 21, Purdue 17: This says more about the Boilers than the Hawks, but a win is a win.
5. Texas 28, Iowa State 17: Cyclones won here two years ago, but too much emotion on Saturday to honor the late Darrell Royal. Please, Cyclones, don’t flash the “Horns down” sign.
6. Alabama 31, Texas A&M 14: ‘Bama rolls at home. Johnny Football’s fun, but he hasn’t had much luck against good SEC defenses.
7. TCU … forget it. Kansas State 24, TCU 21: Close, but no upset. Collin Klein plays, but he has his shakiest game of the year. The Frogs will push it, but K-State is a team of destiny. Is that destiny the BCS championship game or the Fiesta Bowl? Don’t know yet.
8. Oregon 58, Cal 21: The Ducks are built for a BCS race. They score. A lot.
9. Notre Dame 33, Boston College 10: Every title contender has that hiccup they have to survive. That was last week.
10. Steelers 35, Chiefs 10: ESPN should put a live mic on Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley. It would be better than the game.
11. Creighton 80, North Texas 68: I’m posting this an hour before tonight’s game. That’s too late for a jinx to come into effect, Jays fans.