World-Herald staff writer Rich Kaipust identifies five things we learned, and five things we still don’t know coming out of Nebraska’s 13-7 win over Iowa.
* * *
THINGS WE LEARNED
1. Bo Pelini nailed it when the Nebraska head coach called for the Huskers to win out after that humbling night at Ohio Stadium.
2. Rex Burkhead is still Superman, even with a bum knee and a little rust on his game.
3. Nebraska has gotten a huge boost defensively from Eric Martin and Daimion Stafford tapping into their play-making abilities during the six-game winning streak.
4. One way to neutralize Kenny Bell is to have a steady 30 mph wind throwing a wrench into the Huskers’ passing attack.
5. Nebraska had better spend some more time with its punt-return units before the Big Ten championship game.
THINGS WE STILL DON’T KNOW
1. What will be the impact of the Baker Steinkuhler and Justin Jackson injuries, especially going against a Wisconsin team that is built around its offensive and defensive lines?
2. What happened Friday after that opening drive, when it looked as if Nebraska was bracing to bully Iowa for four quarters?
3. What would Saturday be like for the Huskers if they had lost in Iowa City and had to wait out Michigan-Ohio State for a Legends Division title?
4. Where is this Iowa program headed after a six-game losing skid leaves the Hawkeyes without a bowl assignment for the first time since 2007?
5. Is there any future for Nebraska versus Iowa on the Friday after Thanksgiving, especially if the Hawkeyes aren’t crazy about it?