I’m not a betting man, but I like to watch. That in mind, these Super Bowl “prop” bets are strictly for my entertainment. Hopefully, yours, too.
1. How long will it take Alicia Keys to sing the National Anthem (Over/Under at 2:15): I’ll take the overs. Keys can belt out a song and will get into the moment.
2. Will either Jack or Jackie Harbaugh be shown on TV wearing any clothing with a 49er or Ravens logo? I’ll say yes, they each wear a logo from one of the teams.
3. How many times will the name “Harbaugh” be said during the game? (O/U 20 1/2): Over, I’ll say 25. Including Jack.
4. New category: What will be the highest tweet-per-second rate during the Super Bowl (O/U 15,000). I have no idea, but I’ll say under. Doesn’t Twitter shut itself down at some point?
5. Player to score the first touchdown: I’m going to take Vernon Davis of the 49ers, a 9-1 pick.
6. Longest touchdown scored in the game (O/U 46 1/2 yards — gotta love the half-yard there). I’ll say under. Two good defenses here, won’t let anyone get behind them.
7. Total touchdowns in the game (O/U 5 1/2): Over, but barely. Six.
8. Total QB sacks in the game (O/U 4 1/2): Under, Kaepernick runs out of the pocket and Flacco will get rid of the ball.
9. Total passing yards, Joe Flacco (O/U 250): Over.
10. Will Ed Reed intercept a pass? Yes.
11. Total rushing yards, Colin Kaepernick (O/U 50 1/2): Over, but much of it will be scrambling out of the pocket.
12. What will be higher: LeBron James rebounds and assists vs. Toronto or Ray Lewis tackles and assists in Super Bowl XLVII? I’ll go LeBron, and I have no idea what the total will be.
13. What will be higher: Kobe Bryant points vs. Detroit or Randy Moss receiving yards in Super Bowl? I’m not sure. Is Dennis Rodman still playing for the Pistons?
14. Will Beyonce’s hair be curly/crimped or straight at the beginning of the Super Bowl Halftime show. Apparently, “will it be real?” was not an option. I’ll go with crimped. And I had to go ask one of my daughters what that means.
15. Surprisingly, one of the prop bets was not will Beyonce sing or lip sync the halftime show. Since you asked, I’ll say she sings it. She has nothing to prove. But she wouldn’t dare lip sync this one.
16. What color will the Gatorade (or liquid) be that is dumped on the head of the winning team? The choices are clear/water, orange, yellow, green, red and blue. This is why I don’t gamble. I’ll go with yellow.
17. How long will the postgame handshake/hug last between Jim and John Harbaugh (O/U 7.5 seconds)? Under. Brothers don’t get mushy for the cameras, especially when one just beat the other.
18. Who will be the Super Bowl MVP? I’ve got Colin Kaepernick, which should tell you something about my pick.
19. Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first? The choices are teammates, God, coach, family, owner. Amazingly, Jack Harbaugh was not one of the choices. If it’s Kaepernick, he’ll thank God first.
20. Who wins? San Franciso 34, Baltimore 17.
21. Who wins Best Commercial? Bud Lite. And I have to believe Jack Harbaugh will be in there somewhere.