Published Wednesday, February 6, 2013 AT 8:22 PM / Updated at 9:47 PM
Offensive linemen kept rolling in for NU
Rich Kaipust Omaha World-Herald

Nebraska recruiting coordinator Ross Els said making some hay on both the offensive and defensive lines was critical during this cycle, and Els believed Wednesday that the Huskers got that accomplished.

In pure numbers, that was definitely the case with offensive linemen.

Nebraska took six, including three that committed after Jan. 20 and two in the last week. Dwayne Johnson of Bellaire High near Houston was the last of those on Tuesday.

“It got to the point where they just kept saying yes,” Els said.

The half-dozen that will join the program include junior-college transfers Matt Finnin and Chongo Kondolo. The high school seniors are Johnson, David Knevel, Zach Hannon and Gabe Miller.

When head coach Bo Pelini was asked Wednesday how many of the six linemen he expected to contribute right away, he responded: “Six.”

Not likely, obviously, but Pelini said he believes Nebraska has “guys that we think can make a difference” among the offensive linemen they have taken in the last two classes.

About Rich Kaipust

Rich Kaipust is a staff writer for The Omaha World-Herald and covers Nebraska football. You can follow Rich on Twitter (@RKaipustOWH) or email him at rich.kaipust@owh.com