1. Nebraska 28, Northwestern 21: Way back when, like four weeks ago, this looked like the game of the year for Nebraska. Now the beat-up Wildcats come limping into Lincoln and Nebraska isn’t feeling a whole lot better. Remember the great coach Pat Fitzgerald? Key injuries have a way of making a coach mortal. This could be a strange atmosphere for the Huskers. I don’t see a shoot-out, not with all the issues on both sides. But Northwestern has more issues and I think Tommy Armstrong and Ameer Abdullah make enough plays in the run game to get it done.
2. Michigan State 21, Michigan 10: This will be your basic scrum. It could get ugly. But if MSU wins, it will be sitting pretty in the Legends Division, with a bye week before going to Lincoln, then finishing with games at Northwestern and Minnesota at home. Sparty could all but clinch the division with a win today. Huskers need to hold their nose and root for Michigan.
3. Wisconsin 34, Iowa 21: The Hawkeyes have developed a toughness this year; the opening-day loss to NIU could have sunk morale but they rallied around resilient Jake Rudock. But few teams in the country are playing better than Wisconsin and Melvin Gordon. The Badgers keep their major bowl hopes alive.
4. Florida State 42, Miami 17: I think FSU has been the most impressive team in the nation this year. What do the Noles have to do to jump over Oregon in the BCS rankings? This might be one of their last big impressions.
5. Missouri 31, Tennessee 17: If anyone knows how to bounce back from a hangover it’s, ahem, Missouri kids.
6. Kansas State 38, Iowa State 21: Bill Snyder is playing two quarterbacks. Either will work today. Cyclones have given up 171 points in their last three games.
7. Jameis Winston has a Heismanesque game and will be emerge as the favorite. Until next Thursday night when Marcus Mariota takes the national stage against Stanford.
8. UNO hockey gets a split at Denver.
9. Chiefs 28, Bills 21: KC fans are fretting over this one. The Chiefs haven’t won in Buffalo since Jack Kemp was quarterback.
10. Golden Tate scores a touchdown doing backflips down the field.