Travel day tomorrow. Big games tonight. Let’s get this party started early.
1. Michigan 34, Nebraska 24: Little more focus and a lot more home field give the edge to Michigan.
2. Oregon 28, Stanford 24: Ducks will survive physical Stanford, but will it be enough for No. 2 in the BCS?
3. Baylor 49, Oklahoma 28: Bears are looking to make a prime-time statement, and Sooner offense can’t keep up.
4. Wisconsin 31, BYU 14: The Cougars are tough, but this isn’t Texas. Wisconsin will roll at Camp Randall.
5. Iowa 35, Purdue 10: Hawks can wrap up a bowl bid with ease on Saturday. Buffalo Wild Wings or Texas Bowl stickers for everyone.
6. Iowa State 28, TCU 21: Finally, an offense the Cyclones can handle.
7. Alabama 28, LSU 24: I wish this was ‘Bama-FSU.
8. Creighton 91, Alcorn State 55: Lot of points, lot of free throws, and hopefully in under three hours.
9. Nebraska 75, Florida Gulf Coast 73: I know the Huskers are without Ray Gallegos, but this is a tough opener on the road for Dunk City. Shavon Shields is ready to become a star.
10. UNO hockey sweeps North Dakota. Have to love what Jake Guentzel is bringing to this team.
11. Broncos 42, Chargers 31: Denver won’t miss a beat under Jack Del Rio. And that guy under center.