Wow, 65 degrees tomorrow, 2:30 p.m. kick. What a perfect day to be outside in College Football Town, USA. See you there.
1. Nebraska 17, Michigan State 14: It was brought to my attention last week that I picked Michigan to beat the Huskers, and you-know-who won, and my response was, “See? It worked out perfect.” Nobody believed it. Believe this: there’s something going on with this football team, the one that couldn’t tackle Minnesota. This one will be one of those Big Ten manhood games and I don’t know how Nebraska’s going to block the Green Machine. But I think it goes down to a late turnover, a last-minute field goal, and a home crowd that treats this like Oklahoma. I also can’t pick Michigan State to beat Nebraska until the Spartans prove they can.
2. Max Bullough vs. Ameer Abdullah. Several nasty collisions. Lots of respect. A handshake and perhaps hug after this one.
3. Oklahoma 42, Iowa State 14: Barry Switzer — yes, that Barry Switzer — just tweeted that since everyone beats Iowa State at home, he’d like to congratulate Bob Stoops on tying the OU record of 157 wins.
4. Wisconsin 49, Indiana 28: Chris Borland’s back for Bucky, so IU scores 28 instead of 35.
5. Ohio State 63, Illinois 21: Las Vegas should come up with an Urban Meyer over-under, as in, how many points he’ll score each week.
6. Florida State 58, Syracuse 17: Why did the Jameis Winston story come out now? Something smells fishy. No distraction this week.
7. Oklahoma State 28, Texas 24: Good news for Mack Brown: Art Briles got a lifetime deal with Baylor this week.
8. Chiefs sack Peyton Manning four times. That’s not going to be enough.
9. Broncos 28, Chiefs 17: Peyton Manning on one good ankle at home is still too much. See you on Dec. 1 in KC.
* * *
Video: Nebraska coach Bo Pelini discusses the Michigan State game Thursday: